||Full Time, Permanent
||NVQ Level 3 qualification or higher |
Assembling & testing products to documented standards & Company QA standards & procedures, assisting with the NPI process, adhering to individual responsibilities for H&S and maintaining good housekeeping standards.
- Assembly of optical units, wiring looms, cables, electro mechanical assemblies & finished products adhering to Company documentation & to agreed QA standards
- Ensure that the integrity & quality of the materials used in the process meet the required standards
Testing & Packing
- Test or calibration of assemblies using a range of Company bespoke processes; PC based, mechanical & manually operated equipment
- Ensure the integrity & quality of the product passed to the next stage of the process
- Packing operations ranging from bagging & labelling individual items to site kits containing multiple products & accessories into bespoke carry cases
- Working in all areas of production using a range of different processes
- Handling process materials safely to prevent degradation
- Working to Company standards & procedures at all times
- Engineering change implementation
- Working within a disciplined ISO 9001 environment
- Assembly, test, packing & material handling processes
- Optical assembly or detailed fine assembly work
- Computer based processes
- Mechanical & electronic processes
- Use of documentation (bill of materials, assembly drawings)
- Health & Safety
- Data manipulation & analysis of Excel
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to workon own initiative& to strict timescales
- IT literate, good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word & Outlook
For more information, Click Here.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can submit your application by post to:
Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.
This position is not suitable for a person who has allergies to materials such as glue, resins, oils, grease and hydraulic fluids. The role involves working with magnets or being in and around magnetic fields and heavy lifting.