The Elcometer 3045 Persoz & König Pendulum Hardness Tester is equipped with a number of unique features designed to maximise repeatability and reproducibility of the pendulum hardness test method.
Using infrared technology, the Elcometer 3045 provides a fully automated Persoz or König pendulum hardness test with no human intervention ensuring accurate, repeatable results.
Simply fit the pendulum on to the loading pins, load the sample and close the door. The pendulum automatically moves to the start position, the sample table rises and the test begins.
The fully automated calibration procedure provides confidence in the test results. The Elcometer 3045 Persoz & König Pendulum Hardness Tester performs a full calibration routine using the glass calibration tile supplied; if the gauge is out of specification then, it automatically adjusts to meet the specified standard.
The Elcometer 3045 Persoz & König Pendulum Hardness Tester can be used in accordance with standards;
ASTM D 4366, BS 3900 E5, DIN 53157, ISO 1522, NF T30-016.
The sturdy and robust design provides a stable environment for tests ensuring repeatable and consistent coating hardness results. Compatible with ElcoMaster® software, measurements of coating hardness can be transferred via PC for further analysis and report generation.
Introducing the Elcometer 3045 Persoz & König Pendulum
The hardness of a coating is measured by the number of oscillations within the specified limits of amplitude. There are two types of pendulum which can be used with the Elcometer 3045 Pendulum Hardness Tester – Persoz and König. The Persoz test measures the time taken for the amplitude of oscillations to decrease from 12° to 4°, and the König test measures the decrease from 6° to 3°. The softer the coating, the higher the dampening on the balls, the faster the reduction in amplitude of swing, therefore the less cycles of oscillation.
Key Features of the Elcometer 3045 Persoz & König Pendulum Hardness Tester
- Accurate, repeatable and reproducible coating hardness measurements
- Sturdy, dustproof and robust design ensures consistent results
- Fully automated test - position the sample, close the door and press start
- Menu driven operation, in multiple languages
- Batch memory stores all test data for output to a PC via the supplied ElcoMaster® software
- Rigid perspex door provides easy access for sample positioning
- Automated calibration ensures pendulum operates precisely within specified limits
- Adjustable feet and dual axis bubble-level indicator ensures test is accurate
- Infrared optical measurement of oscillations
- Internal storage for the calibration tile and pendulum
How to Set Up the Elcometer 3045 Persoz & König Pendulum Hardness Tester
From start to finish the Elcometer 3045 Persoz & König Pendulum Hardness Tester is a fully automated test, leaving no room for human error, therefore it is more reproducible than other pendulum hardness testers.
It’s not just taking measurements but what you do with the collected data that matters. As inspectors can spend up to 30% of their working week producing reports, ElcoMaster® saves time and money by producing professional bespoke reports in seconds.
The Elcometer 3045 Persoz & König Pendulum Hardness Tester has a batch memory that stores all test data for output to a PC via ElcoMaster® Data Management Software.