||Full Time, Temporary
||NVQ Level 3 qualification or higher |
Friday 6th August 2021
To work in the Operations processes.
- Manual dexterity, soldering, crimp and use of general hand assembly tools
- Read, interpret and work from engineering drawings, method sheets or samples
- Use of process materials including resins, glues and curing systems and/or agents
- General component identification
- Use of computerised assembly, test and stock control systems & peripheral equipment
- Assembly of optical units, wiring looms, cables, electro mechanical assemblies & finished products adhering to Company documentation & to agreed QA standards
- Ensure that the integrity & quality of the materials used in the process meet the required standards
Testing & Packing
- Test or calibration of assemblies using a range of Company bespoke processes; PC based, mechanical & manually operated equipment
- Ensure the integrity & quality of the product passed to the next stage of the process
- Packing operations ranging from bagging & labelling individual items to site kits containing multiple products & accessories into bespoke carry cases
- Working in all areas of production using a range of different processes
- Handling process materials safely to prevent degradation
- Working to Company standards & procedures at all times
Health & Safety
- Comply with Company H&S procedures and legislation at all times
- Identify any hazards, make safe and report as per Company H&S procedures
- Ensure correct use and storage of PPE and RPE
Any additional duties deemed appropriate which are within the job holders capabilities.
- Engineering change implementation
- Working within a disciplined ISO 9001 environment
- Assembly, test, packing & material handling processes
- Optical assembly or detailed fine assembly work
- Computer based processes
- Mechanical & electronic processes
- Use of documentation (bill of materials, assembly drawings)
- Health & Safety
- Data manipulation & analysis of Excel
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to workon own initiative& to strict timescales
- IT literate, good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word & Outlook
For more information, Click Here.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can submit your application by post to:
Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.
This position is not suitable for a person who has allergies to materials such as glue, resins, oils, grease and hydraulic fluids. The role involves working with magnets or being in and around magnetic fields and heavy lifting.