These easy to use Half-Cell gauges measures the condition and potential corrosion of rebars and steel structures within concrete.
When corrosion occurs the ferric oxide protective layer surrounding the concrete breaks down allowing an electrochemical reaction between the steel and the concrete.
In the Half Cell test, a reference electrode is passed over the surface of the concrete and the potential voltage difference is recorded. These potential voltage readings show where corrosion is likely to be, or is currently present.
The Elcometer 331² Half-Cell Meter is available in two models, Model H and Model HM.
- Elcometer 331² Model H: Entry level gauge without memory which allows users to measure the Half Cell Potential in concrete structures.
- Elcometer 331² Model HM: Supplied with memory and allows users to store up to 240,000 readings in either linear or grid batches.
- Large, easy to read backlit display:
- For easy viewing in dark environments.
- Single handed operation:
- Most functions can be accessed & controlled through 4 simple keys.
- Intuitive menus in multiple languages:
- Allows use straight out of the box
- Rechargeable battery supply:
- Battery packs can be charged inside or outside the gauge.
- Ergonomically shaped case:
- For ease of use and comfort, with a gentle curve to fit snugly against the hip.
- Powerful CoverMaster® Software (supplied with the Model HM):
- Ultimate data management tool to store Half-Cell readings and produce professional reports quickly and easily.